We’re psyched to announce that Optimizely now makes it possible to design A/B experiments targeted at a specific segment of your visitors. Why is this a big deal? Behavioral targeting enables you to run experiments targeted at, for example: new visitors, currently-logged-in visitors or visitors who have already made a purchase.
Our latest Optimizely release contains a new suite of experiment targeting capabilities that give you much better control over which of your visitors will see a particular experiment. Here’s a complete list of the criteria you can use to target your visitors, with some more examples:
- New vs. Returning – e.g. only visitors who haven’t been here before
- Browser – e.g. only mobile visitors, or only visitors with modern browsers
- Language – e.g. only visitors who prefer Korean
- Cookie – e.g. only visitors with an active session cookie
- Referrer – e.g. only visitors coming from google.com, or visitors coming from one of your landing pages
- Custom Events (“Behavior”) – e.g. only users who have triggered the ‘madePurchase’ event
To target a segment of your users in an experiment, click on ‘Advanced Settings’ in the test and expand the “Who Should See This Experiment?” tab:
To check out Optimizely’s new Behavioral Targeting feature, visit http://www.optimizely.com and enter your website to get started. We’ve got a lot more on the way, and in the meantime leave a comment below and tell us what you think!