On the Optimizely Blog we occasionally supplement our original content with quality articles from guest contributors. If you would like to be considered as a guest blogger for the Optimizely Blog, please submit this form.
Why Write For Optimizely
Forbes has named the Optimizely Blog as one of the 10 B2B Companies That Show What a Killer Blog Looks Like and NG Data named the Optimizely Blog as one of the Top 50 Data-Driven Marketing Blogs.
All posts published to our blog are sent to our list of emails subscribers and promoted via our social media and syndication channels.
Optimizely’s Voice & Style
Optimizely blog articles should inspire the reader via storytelling, teach them something new, or challenge conventional wisdom with real-world examples and data. We are humans writing for other humans. Be real. Our style is educational, insightful, and actionable. Articles should answer the actionable information up front and provide takeaways for readers at the end.
The post should highlight your knowledge and expertise without explicitly promoting your business. Help readers understand why we should trust you—establish credibility for yourself. Most important, your article should further our mission of converting our readers into smarter and more data-driven thinkers.
All articles are subject to approval of the Optimizely editorial team and are not guaranteed to be published.
Content We Want
Our audience consists of data-driven marketers, developers, and product managers from around the world. The types of articles that do well with our readers include:
- Case studies on A/B testing, personalization, mitigating risk through experimentation and conversion rate optimization
- Online marketing strategies with real data and actionable takeaways
- Tactical articles aimed at specific verticals (B2B, e-commerce, travel, media, financial services etc.)
- Articles on how to build and grow a company’s optimization culture in order to innovate
Content We Do Not Want
- Articles or other content that has been previously published online elsewhere – contributions to the Optimizely blog should be unique
- Content that is promoting your product or service
From Pitch To Publish: An Overview
- Please fully read the guest blog post guidelines.
- Fill in this quick form with your information and blog synopsis ideas. Please allow us 5 business days to review and provide feedback.
- Next send us a full draft of the post in Google Doc format. Include images! Please allow 7 business days to review and provide edits/feedback.
- Include an author bio (50 words max) and a headshot image
- After final edits are made and the post is approved, we will put your post in the guest blog post queue. We publish one guest blog post a week and the guest blog post queue is anywhere from 2-3 weeks at any point in time. The calendar is subject to change, so guest posts will sometimes need to be rescheduled.
- Lastly, we will let you know the publish date and time so you can co-promote on the launch date.
Length, Images, Links
- Strive for anywhere between 500-1200 words.
- Feel free to suggest or include supporting images or screenshots if they are relevant.
- Include hyperlinks but we reserve the right to remove them if they are not specific to the content.
- Cite your sources.
Examples of Successful Posts
- 36 e-Commerce Homepage Design Best Practices from the Experts
- How Obama Raised $60 Million by Running a Simple Experiment
- 50 B2B Lead Generation Ideas
- 3 Landing Page Best Practices Debunked
- Top 10 UX Hotfixes for Your Homepage
If you have any questions that are not answered on this page, feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.